Erectile dysfunction (ED) is defined as the inability of a man to get or maintain an erection for satisfactory sexual intercourse and it occurs in many men for several reasons. It is generally caused by physical conditions such as low testosterone, obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. Additional causes include psychological issues, blood flow issues, hormonal fluctuations, and nerve damage. Unhealthy habits like smoking, taking illegal drugs, or excessive drinking could also lead to impotence. Though this condition is more common in men above the age of 40, it can affect just about any man. With growing awareness of the condition, it is necessary to know also that the condition is curable. In most men, the treatment of impotence includes medication, therapy, exercises, and lifestyle changes. Even though ED can effectively be treated with oral medications and it is not the only option as there are exercises and yoga that can be done to treat this condition.
Yoga has proven to improve sexual satisfaction, as it releases chemicals known as endorphins that are responsible for stress relief and stimulate the release of sex hormones. Yoga also improves mood and results in a relaxed feeling as well as a lower heart rate, reduced blood pressure, better digestion, and lower levels of stress hormones.
Yoga poses can be an effective, natural, and inexpensive solution in treating Erectile dysfunction. Some of the asanas of yoga to treat ED are
Kumbhakasana ( Plank )
Plank is one of the most beneficial poses or exercises, you can do and it happens to combat ED. Improved endurance during sexual performance and upper body strength are additional benefits of this useful pose. To maximize your effort, combine plank with one of the top male enhancement pills for super strong and hard erections.
- Begin with the kneeling position with hands resting on your thighs
- Bend forward with hands on the floor right in front of you
- Raise the buttocks with knees still on the ground.
- Slide both feet backward and raise your knees making sure that your head, trunk, back, and legs are forming a straight line
- Don’t bend your knees and elbows.
- Maintain the pose for a few seconds and release.
Vajrasana makes the body exceptionally strong and healthy. Vajra means thunderbolt in Sanskrit. During this asana, feel the sensations in the body as you move them. Do the Movement slowly and in a relaxed manner. Inhale and exhale slowly. While drawing the abdominal region inwards and expanding the chest, focus the attention on these body parts. The way the muscles move must be felt. Relax before, during, and after the yoga posture.
- With knees, ankles, and big toes touching the ground, take a kneeling position.
- One should sit on the heels and place palms on the knees.
- The Spine should be erect and the breath should be deep.
- Draw the abdominal region inside and expand the chest.
Supta means “asleep” in Sanskrit. “Supta Vajrasana” is lying down supine in Vajrasana. The importance of Supta Vajrasana lies in the fact that it exerts pressure on the utero-abdominal and genitourinary organs. This gives a better muscle tone and brings in a fresh supply of blood to the abdominal viscera, particularly to the kidneys, liver, pancreas, and bowels. It stimulates the adrenal glands through pressure in the small of the back. In the final position, the muscles of the spine, abdomen, pelvis, thighs, and legs are stretched fully which tones them up.
- Sit in Vajrasana.
- Lean back slowly from the waist with the support of your elbows till your head, shoulders, and back touch the ground in easy stages without raising your knees from the floor or changing the position of the legs.
- Allow your back to come close to the ground and lie supine.
- Cross the arms and place the palms beneath the opposite shoulders so that the crossed wrists serve as a cushion for the head.
- Keep the knees together and touching the ground. Close your eyes. Catch hold of the ankles and return slowly to the starting position in the reverse order with the help of the elbows.
One of the most important characteristics of bow pose is the stimulation of reproductive organs. Besides ED, the bow pose tackles premature ejaculation and intensifies your orgasms.
- Lie on the stomach with feet hip-width apart and arms at your sides.
- Raise your legs so that your feet are facing the direction of your head and hold your ankles.
- Inhale while lifting the chest off the floor.
- Pull your legs up and back.
- Stay in this position for 15-20 seconds and release.
Kumabhakasana is also known as the plank pose, the kumbhakasana is known to help combat erectile dysfunction, enhance endurance, and increase upper body strength.
To perform his pose
- Begin by lying flat on your stomach with your palms at the side of your face.
- Bend your feet so your toes are pushing off the ground.
- Use your hands to push your body and raise your buttocks while making sure your legs are parallel to the floor.
- Hold this position as long as possible, and then slowly bring your body back to the starting position.
Yoga greatly benefits male sexual health and in treating erectile dysfunction. Yoga improves your endurance, increases blood flow, and strengthens muscles thus allowing you to improve your sexual performance in a natural manner.