Taking too many medicines may lead to erectile dysfunction

2 minutes

In today’s day and age, a lot of us tend to take medications for ailments both real and perceived. Taking medications regularly for unnecessary perceptions will have a detrimental effect on your sex life.

In a new study published in the British Journal of Urology, findings showed that men who take ten or more medications were 60% more likely to encounter sex-related problems than those who didn’t. This proves that taking more medications can have a large impact on your sexual life and some of the drugs that deal with the heart and anti-depression can actually cause erectile dysfunction.

Having said that, make sure that you never ever discontinue taking any medication that has been prescribed by your doctor without his explicit consent. It is more important to sit down with your doctor and discuss the possibility of reducing the medication or perhaps changing it, especially if you are facing some sort of erectile problems.

Another thing that you can do which can improve your health in general and may also lead to a reduction of your medicine intake, is to make changes to your daily lifestyle. For example, try incorporating a light exercise routine and healthy eating habits in your day to day life. Doing this can help reduce the risk of erectile dysfunction and make you healthier overall. As noted, high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart problems are all conditions that contribute to the onset of erectile dysfunction.
Again it is vitally important to start your exercise and diet changes under strict professional medical supervision so that you know that your health is not at risk. You should really consult with a qualified physician if you continue to suffer from erectile dysfunction so that he can study your medical history and be guided towards the appropriate medication and exercises. Recently, many online clinics like “The ED Clinic” have emerged to provide solutions in erectile dysfunction to the individuals who feel too embarrassed to consult a doctor.