Erectile Dysfunction is the inability of a man to get or maintain an erection for satisfactory sexual intercourse. Erectile dysfunction is common in men nowadays due to various physical and psychological reasons. The main reason for this erection issue is the shortage of blood flow into the genital region. ED is typically linked to a web of closely interrelated cardiovascular risk factors such as physical inactivity, obesity, hypertension, and metabolic syndrome.
There are several ways to treat Erectile dysfunction including medication, lifestyle changes, and different exercises that will regulate the blood flow into the genital region. Physical activity (PA) or exercising has proved to be a protective factor against erectile problems, and it has been shown to improve erectile function for men affected by vascular ED. So we are here to discuss the best exercises that help you treat Erectile dysfunction naturally.
Why do we need Exercises for Erectile Dysfunction?
Exercising can help men with their erection problem as exercises are good for the circulatory system and will help blood flow smoothly throughout the body including the penis. As inadequate blood flow into the penis is the major factor that causes Erectile dysfunction, some specific exercises like Kegel exercises or pelvic floor exercises will eventually help regulate the blood flow into the penis.
Exercise does not just improve the blood flow into the penis but also keeps a man’s weight under control which will eventually boost testosterone levels in the body and can improve his sexual health.
Get a dose of health tips delivered for free
Exercises for Erectile Dysfunction
Kegel exercises are also known as pelvic floor muscles that are usually performed to strengthen pelvic floor muscles. These exercises will help treat Erectile dysfunction by regulating better blood flow into the penis and also for people who are suffering from premature ejaculation. One of the main benefits of this exercise is that it makes orgasms stronger during sexual intercourse. One can perform pelvic floor exercises at any time of the day and by any person who is suffering from conditions such as erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, and weak orgasms.
One of the major factors that weakens the pelvic muscle is Diabetes, but as you start doing kegel exercises it will eventually help you treat ED naturally. Here’s how to do kegel exercise
- Before you do this exercise, you should find out the pelvic muscle, and it’s not difficult yet. To get it, you need to stop urinating in between and the muscle that stops the flow is your PC(Pubococcygeus) muscle.
- Now it’s time to tighten the PC muscle. You have to hold the contraction for few seconds and then relax it. Continue this process for some time until the muscles get stronger. Then do the same exercise while standing, sitting, or walking.
- You should retain the contraction for improved outcomes when performing this exercise and thoroughly concentrate on tightening the muscles of the pelvic floor. Instead, do not try to catch your breath. You should breathe freely.
- Repeat this process 3 times a day in a set of 10 repetitions for better results.
A pelvic curl is an exercise to warm up the muscles of the back and abdomen. You have to lay on your back in this to make your abs angle for the pelvic tilt. This functions for the lower body and both breath and movement are controlled.
This exercise will strengthen abs, lower back, and glutes. It will eventually increase the blood flow into the penis and counter ED. It is performed so that it matches the breathing and movement pattern at the same time as well as articulates the spine with control. Here’s how to perform this Pelvic curl exercise
- First, lie down with knees bent and make your feet flat on the floor. Now keep your spinal in a neutral position but keep a small distance between ankles, feet, and knees.
- exhale by engaging pelvic floor muscle and tilt your pelvic position upwards while pressing back against the floor.
- Then allow your tailbone to curl up towards the ceiling. Here your hips raise, then the lower spine, and then the middle one. Remember to keep all your legs parallel all time.
- Now squeeze the buttocks and pelvic muscles.
- Then begin with the upper back and move down vertebrae by vertebrae until the lower spine comes to the ground.
- Repeat this process three to five times and make 10 repetitions.
Knee fallout is a useful exercise that can develop some stability to the pelvic muscle and can increase the blow flow through it. The main aim of doing this exercise is to move the leg without the pelvis so that when you drop the leg then it uses the pelvic floor muscle with lower abdominals. This is also one of the best ways to work for abs and stretch your groin. Here’s how to perform this exercise
- Lie down on a mat with your knees bent with flat feet and arms by side.
- Remember to keep the spine in a neutral position and a small gap between the middle and floor.
- Now exhale, then squeeze pelvic floor muscles and put your knee slowly on the floor. Put it down as much as possible with pelvic floor muscles activating and also remember to keep the pelvis stable.
- After that, inhale and leave the muscles, and again bent your knee.
- Now repeat the same procedure on different sides.
- Do it four to five times on each side.
Aerobic exercises are those which increase heart as well as breathing rate. This is recommended by many doctors as this is also known to cure ED effectively. There are several aerobic exercises cycling, boxing, football, running, swimming, skipping, rowing, speed walking, badminton, and dancing.
Every exercise is different but all are effective.
If you are walking then do it for at least 30 minutes daily as this can improve cardiovascular health and also a way to cure ED. If you are running then do it for 20 to 30 minutes 2 to 3 times a week.
Swimming is a low-impact exercise and is good to build strength. Do it for 10 to 30 minutes almost 2-5 times a week.
Kickboxing is also a useful exercise that strengthens muscles and endurance and at the same time, it also lowers any kind of stress. Do it for 60 minutes and 1 to 3 times per week.
Yoga has a lot of benefits which include Flexibility, reducing the levels of stress, and also gives you relaxation. In some of the recent studies, it is shown that yoga helps to decrease heart rate, blood pressure, and other things. It is considered that men having high blood pressure and excess weight is linked with ED so, in this situation, one should go for yoga.
Yoga improves the body’s well-being by helping in the reduction of stress, improving the heart’s beating rate as well as reducing general body tension. Improving all these conditions in the body generally helps in eliminating erectile dysfunction.
Yoga postures are professionally designed to help in the general blood circulation within the entire body and specifically to the pelvis area. Therefore strengthening the pelvic floor muscle and helps in treating ED effectively.
Erectile dysfunction is a severe case that can take away your happy sexual life but one should never forget that there is a possibility to get rid of this condition. Though there are many ways to overcome ED exercises are natural ways that one can treat Erectile dysfunction conditions.