It is estimated that half of all the men between 40 to 70 years of age have Erectile Dysfunction(ED) to some degree. According to the FDA, it is estimated that around 30 million men in the U.S. are suffering from Erectile dysfunction.
Erectile Dysfunction(ED) is becoming more and more common nowadays in younger men too, which made a ton of online stores that claim to provide medication to ED.
Once you search for ED medication you can find well-known ED drugs for sale, as well as many “natural” remedies that promise to give you the same results but a lot of these medicines that are sold online aren’t FDA approved as most of them provide the medicines without any prescription and without examining the patient’s condition.
FDA has approved some medicines for treating ED and has also warned people not to use some of the medicines that are available online which are not approved. Let us first see the approved medications and blacklisted medicines for treating ED by FDA.
Approved Medicines by the FDA
FDA has approved PDE5 inhibitor class drugs for treating ED and these drugs increase the blood flow to the penis. Here is the list of drugs used in treating ED approved by the FDA.
Get a dose of health tips delivered for free
Sildenafil the generic form of viagra is often the first drug your doctor offers in treating Erectile dysfunction. It’s been on the market from long time and its side effects, the foods it interacts with, are well known.
Vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn):
Vardenafil the generic form of Levitra and Staxyn comes as a tablet and rapidly disintegrating (dissolves in the mouth and is swallowed without water) tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken when needed, with or without food, and 60 minutes before sexual activity. Vardenafil usually should not be taken more than once in every 24 hours.
Tadalafil ( Cialis ):
Tadalafil the generic form of Cialis is the second most prescribed medication for treating ED due to its long active hours and short kick-off time. Tadalafil is sometimes taken as needed, usually at least 30 minutes before sexual activity and not more than once every 24 hours.
Avanafil ( Stendra ):
Avanafil the generic form of Stendra comes as a tablet to take by mouth in 100- mg or 200-mg doses. Avanafil is usually taken with or without food as needed, about 15 minutes before sexual activity. Do not take avanafil more than once in 24 hours.
Blacklisted Medicines by the FDA
There are some medications that claim to help with erectile dysfunction but are not approved by the FDA. Since 2004, the FDA has identified several products sold online claiming “dietary supplements” for treating erectile dysfunction and enhancing sexual performance. These products contained potentially harmful, undeclared ingredients. Included among them are:
Get a dose of health tips delivered for free
- Lycium Barbarum L.
- Adam Free
- Rhino V Max
- True Man
- Energy Max
- HS Joy of Love
- Blue Steel
- Super Shangai
- Strong Testis
- Shangai Ultra
- Shangai Ultra X
- Lady Shanghai
- Shanghai Regular, also marketed as Shanghai Chaojimengnan
- Naturalë Super Plus
- Xiadafil VIP tablets (Lots 6K029 and 6K209-SEI only)
How to check if the medicine is genuine or fake?
- One of the best ways to check if the medicine or the medical provider is genuine or fake is to check if it is a licensed pharmacy or not. The genuine online pharmacies have a seal of approval from the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy as this proves that the online pharmacy does not sell any fake medicines or products.
- Another way to know if the medicine is genuine or not is to Search its name on online communities or on review platforms. By searching them in online forums or on genuine review platforms one can get a pretty good understanding about the medicine.
- We would suggest you to check for the ingredients present in the medicine provided. As some of the ingredients can be harmful.
- Never order medicine from a website that displays no contact details on it and which do not ask for a prescription as they can be fake and can have some serious side effects.
How to buy Erectile Dysfunction medications online safely?
- Make sure the site requires a prescription and has a pharmacist available for questions.
- Buy only from licensed pharmacies located in the United States. BeSafeRx: Know Your Online Pharmacy has more information about finding safe and legal online pharmacies.
- Don’t provide personal information such as credit card numbers unless you are sure the site will protect them.
Cons of Buying ED Meds Online
1. Selection of Right Medication and Dose
With different types of medications like Viagra (Sildenafil), Tadalafil(Cialis), Vardenafil, Dextromethorphan, and Apomorphine available you don’t know which medication can treat your condition better with minimal side effects. Even if you know the medication you don’t know the dosage that you need to take to get better results.
ED Medications can have dangerous side effects if used without knowing the medication and dosage. To know all the details regarding a specific medication and dosage for your condition, it’s always better to consult a licensed physician and get the right prescription for you, to avoid any unnecessary complications.
Some clinics like The ED Clinic are offering a free online consultation, Prescription, and delivery of medication directly to your home. All medications come directly from US Licensed 503A Certified Pharmacies.
2. No information about the type of medicines they deliver
As there are millions of websites offering online medications with different promises of curing erectile dysfunction. A study conducted on these websites show some interesting facts,
- There were entirely distinct ingredients in ED drugs sold online than advertised.
- They were not even 10 percent close to the advertised strength when samples of 100-milligram Viagra tablets bought online were tested.
- Over half of all online ED drugs sold are fake.
- Some of these medicines include ingredients such as talcum powder, paint, and printer ink that you wouldn’t want to put in your body.
With all these complications it’s always better to start small. And if the med is effective you can go from there.
3. Delay in delivery
Unfortunately, there are cases when you need the drug urgently, but you have to wait until you get the drugs. Therefore, to avoid such troubles, always specify the time of drug delivery. If you need to wait long, and you need to take the drug soon, you’d better go to a regular pharmacy.
Pros of buying ED Medications Online
1. More Privacy and less embarrassment of direct consulting
Usually, men are very reluctant to discuss their ED conditions face-to-face. Even picking up medication from a pharmacy as the personal interaction can be intimidating. So online consultation and discreet delivery of medication directly to the patient’s door is a very attractive alternative.
Many clinics like “The ED Clinic” are offering free online consultations with US Licensed Physicians.
2. Competitive Pricing
When compared to buying medicines offline there is always a price difference. purchasing the medicine online – including physician oversight – results in huge savings.
As there is no need to spend money on renting premises, warehouses, and maintain a huge staff, including sellers. Reducing such funds allows the owner to set lower prices for medicines
3. Availability of doctor whenever you require
If you consult local doctors, they may not be available whenever you require them. But in online clinics, the doctor is usually available whenever you need a question answered. The response is almost always the same day.
Online ED medication is quite convenient as it offers a great convenience to the people with disabilities and really severe conditions that restrict movement . They don’t have to leave their homes to visit local pharmacies for medication. They can log in to the internet, look for a legitimate e-pharmacy, and then proceed to buy and order their drugs. This also gives them unlimited access to professional healthcare givers at any time of the day.
All myths aside, trying ED medication online – with a reputable US Licensed Clinic – is 100% safe. Find the best online clinics for consultation and remember: start small and find the medication that works best for you.